Friday, June 4, 2010

Catching Up

It's been a super busy 3 months since leaving Auckland, but the adventures haven't stopped for Team Dawmilam! What have we been up to? Well...

the weekend after we returned home from Auckland, I ran my first half marathon! When Lindsey (friend from Auburn), Steve (Rosalie's husband, friend from Vermont/Michigan/Kentucky/Indiana), and I signed up for it, we knew that the weather could be sunny, mild, and beautiful - like it was the day before the race - or rainy, cold, and miserable - which is what we got on race day! The temperature was about 45 degrees, and it was raining. We did the half anyway, in really good time. Can you say, bad asses?


After the race, we stuffed ourselves with brunch at my favorite brunch restaurant in Lexington, Doodle's. Mmmm, beignets! French press coffee! And an omelette!

Still at a caloric deficit, Lindsey and I ate half a big giant bag of Jelly Belly's on the way home, stopped at Dairy Queen outside of Chattanooga, and had Super Dave pick us up a Mellow Mushroom pizza that was waiting on us when we got to Casa Dawmilam. And I used "I just ran a half marathon" as an excuse for the rest of the week to eat literally whatever I wanted (like the rest of the box of chocolate cake doughnuts from Magee's). Granted, I was so sore I could barely walk the next few days... but still. It was fun once it was over, at least for all the yummy food! Plus, it was great to be in beautiful Lexington again, as well as see some very dear friends that I miss, like, whoa.




How did I miss pictures with Alyssa, Jim & Jennifer?! Oh well. I miss y'all too and was glad to spend time with you that weekend.


Our friends have had big birthdays this year (it's the year to turn 30 and 40 apparently), so we've done fun birthday parties for Meredith (no pictures, unfortunately, of her fun 30's themed party at Provino's), Kevin's 40th



and Jason's 30th (surprise party!)




Lindsey, Meredith and I went to Memphis for the Southern States Communication Association conference where we presented a panel about social media in the classroom with two other awesome/fun colleagues, Jennifer, from Eastern Kentucky, and Elizabeth, from Georgia State (who knows more than anyone else I know about Twitter)



that's me with Emmett Winn, who was the Duck Master for the day at the Peabody, and also the person who brought me to Auburn.

and then we had fun together out on Beale Street!


Rosalie came to visit... we saw Bon Jovi, went to our favorite local comedy club, and got haircuts!








The next weekend, we hosted a dinner party, which gave me an excuse to get new plates and dining room decor!


Then, I went to Allison's baby shower in Birmingham (I think she's having a girl... a little ADPi legacy)

it was great to see my ADPi sisters and catch up with them. You know you're true friends when you can go months without seeing each other, but pick right back up where you left off without missing a beat!




LOST, our favorite television show of all time, had its series finale, and we celebrated with a LOST watching party at the Swan Station, I mean, our house. Everyone dressed up like a LOST character, and all the food had something to do with the show (think I went a little overboard?)


And I've spent this week freaking out about the amount of free time I've had, working on my summer class, and getting geared up for my second triathlon tomorrow at Lake Lanier!

This summer, I hope to update this blog a little more regularly. Team Dawmilam has lots of fun travels and adventures in store... and hopefully we'll have fun stories to share too!

No comments:

Post a Comment